Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bird on a Spy

Bird on a Spy

Riding Banjo into the sunset of France,
I see a little bird sitting on a branch,
Perched with her eyes following the stead and the rider,
I can see her mind though her eyes open wider,
Caught up in the clarity of the little bird,
A pain rushes through the head of this absurd,
As I fall to the ground dazed and broken,
So close to the earth with no words spoken,
Impossible to keep my eyes open,
As the chirping is putting me to sleep,
The breeze picks up at a speed,
As the flowers fall around me like fine winter snow,
With such softness of a flow,
So cooling though my body feels like it is burning,
Sends my vision round and round, spinning,
As I hear voices arising coming closer and closer,
I am lying nice and safe in my bed very sober,
I see something I see from the corner of my eye,
I slowly turn around and see the little bird is out on a spy,
A little tender smile catches at my lips,
As my eyes gently close as the sun dips.

Written by: Amrita Lal.

No comments:

Post a Comment